View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
The PMP9458 reference design is a conducted EMI optimized 2-layer board power supply for automotive cluster units. The power supply has two buck regulators in cascaded connection: the first stage buck generates a 5V, 2A output using the LM26003, and the second stage generates two outputs of 2.8V, 1.5A and 1.8V, 2A using the LM26420 (The max output power in total is 14W). The LM26003 is a wide Vin non-sync buck regulator, and the LM26420 is a 5V input dual 2A, high frequency sync buck regulator. They both have automotive grade versions, qualified in AEC-Q100 Grade 1. The input voltage range of the design is 6.5V to 38V making it suitable for automotive 12V battery systems. The 2-layer board design has the PCB layout optimized and adds an input filter stage to improve the conducted EMI performance. The board is tested under the automotive EMC standard, CISPR 25, and its conducted emissions are in compliance with the CISPR 25 Class 5 requirements.
- Conducted EMI optimized 2-layer PCB design
- In compliance with the CISPR 25 Class 5 conducted emissions standard
- 6.5V to 38V wide Vin range
- LM26003 and LM26420 both have AEC-Q100 qualified versions available
- Power enable/shutdown configurable via the jumper pin
- This circuit board is tested, and the design files and test report are included