SimpleLink CC2640R2 SDK - Bluetooth® low energy
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Order Options||Status||Current Version||Version Date||Description|
|Not Available||ACTIVE||EVALUATION ONLY||23-OCT-2017||BLE5 EVAL only stack for CC2640R2F supporting Long Range Connections and Advertisement Extensions. Please allow 2 business days for approval|
|Not Available||ACTIVE||v.1.40, v1.50||17-OCT-2017||Production certified Bluetooth 5 High Speed stack for CC2640R2F and Bluetooth 4.2 production certified stack for CC2640R2F and CC2640R2F-Q1|
|Not Available||ACTIVE||1.50.00||01-NOV-2017||SDK add-on with additional Bluetooth example applications|
Pricing may vary.
|Not Available||ACTIVE||v1.20.00.02||02-FEB-2018||Sensor and Actuator Plugin for SimpleLink™ MCU SDKs|
|Contact a Distributor|
Important Note:The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
The SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) software stacks for developing single-mode BLE applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M3 based SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU. The BLE stacks are certified stacks that include all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth low energy (BLE) applications. This SDK includes two components; one for developing Bluetooth 5 (BLE5-Stack) and one for Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE-Stack) applications. Both stacks support embedded and network processor applications and are backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.0 specifications. Refer to the SDK release notes for a detailed description of the features available in this SDK.
For an overview of TI’s Bluetooth low energy solutions, please visit http://www.ti.com/ble.
To quickly get started with the CC2640R2 SDK, TI recommends using SimpleLink Academy, an interactive set of training labs with theory and hands-on exercises to rapidly begin development. The suggested starting point is Project Zero, an introductory demo to easily establish a link between CC2640R2F and a smartphone. Users can begin with Project Zero and launch their own Bluetooth low energy applications.
- Bluetooth 5 certified support for 2 Mbps High Speed Mode, Privacy 1.2.1 and Channel Selection Algorithm #2. Demonstration capability for evaluating LE Coded PHYs in Long Range mode. (BLE5-Stack only)
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2 as well as Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1 LE features.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Additional applications supported with optional SimpleLink CC2640R2 BLE Example Pack: Glucose Sensor, HID Emulated Keyboard, Heart Rate and Voice Remote Control.
- Support for automatic code generation of any adopted or custom Bluetooth GATT profile with TI’s plugin for Bluetooth Developer Studio (BDS).
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and beacon configurations.
- Device Firmware Upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for multiple simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support for voice to cloud applications using digital microphone driver.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Support for the CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit with integrated XDS110 USB debugger.
- Wide range of sample applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market.
- Bluetooth qualified design listing to reduce certification test time.
- Flexible protocol stack configuration options to maximize application memory.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM, Code Composer Studio™ (CCS) and CCS Cloud™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.
- Free code generation option with CCS v7.2