StarterWare for C6000 DSP based TI processors
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
TI has completed development of Starterware for the C6xDSP. TI no longer plans to make updates to this software for bug fixes or future enhancements.
C6748 Starterware can be used as-is, but the software is in maintenance mode with limited support. Processor SDK-RTOS is the recommended alternative for Starterware. The Processor SDK includes demos and benchmarks, and makes code migration easier across TI processors.
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Status||Current Version||Version Date||Description|
||ACTIVE||v01.20.04||04 Jun 2011||C-based library APIs and examples for peripheral and IO configuration with or without an operating system|
C6000 DSP StarterWare provides C-based no-OS platform support for the C6000 DSP devices. StarterWare provides device abstraction layer libraries, peripheral proramming examples such as Ethernet, graphics and USB, and board level example applications. StarterWare can be used stand-alone or with an RTOS.
- Peripheral programming interface
- Example applications for each peripheral to demonstrate proramming and usage of the peripheral
- Software portability across devices for a given peripheral
- Tool-chain agnostic C code (Some startup code will be in assembly and hence some part of the code will be tool dependant)
- Support for Windows(R) host and Linux host
- Support for the following tool chains:
- TI DSP code generation tools
- Graphics library and USB stack ported with example applications
- Doxygen based application programming interface (API) reference guide available with delivery package
- lwIP, a free, BSD-style license, TCP/IP stack from Swedish Institute of Computer Science
- out2rprc tool to create bootable application images
- Pnmtoc tool to convert PNM image to C array
- API reference guide, release notes and user guide
- Registry file for Code Composer Studio(tm) (CCS) (.gel)
- Wiki based user guide that provides a detailed list of instructions and helpful programming tips
- Out of box demo that boots from flash and demonstrates various peripherals
- Device abstraction layer for most of the peripherals
- Boot loader and flashing utility
- AISgen tool to convert .out to .ais
- Application examples showing the usage of device abstraction kayer (DAL) and demonstrating the capability of the peripherals
- bmp2c tool to convert BMP image to C array