SwitcherPro Switching Power Supply Design Tool
This product continues to be in production to support existing customers.
Important message As of January 31, 2020, TI.com will no longer support Flash-based tools, such as SwitcherPro, and will end-of-life (EOL) or replace them with an HTML-based version. Prior to January 31, 2020, please download any needed projects from the tools. To find alternative tools, and to see the full list of impacted tools, please see this post on the TI e2e™ support forums. The recommended replacement for the SwitcherPro is the WEBENCH Power Designer. Please use this tool going forward.
View SwitcherPro Schematic (Home)
SwitcherPro™ Online or Desktop Design software allows you to design power supplies with Texas Instruments TPS40K™ controllers, low-power DC/DC converters and SWIFT™ (TPS54xxx) point-of-load step-down DC/DC products. Use SwitcherPro power supply design software to create, manage and share custom power supply designs. This software provides EVM designs that you can use for reference or starting points for custom power supply designs. In addition, passive components such as inductors and NexFet Transistors are now included in both the online and desktop applications. The desktop application allows more flexibility in creating power supply designs since there is no need to be connected to the internet. Design and go at your own pace.
NOTE: New devices are no longer being added to the tool. . Please go to WEBENCH® Power Designer for your power supply needs. Many devices from SwitcherPro have already been added to WEBENCH Power Designer, and we have added more capabilities like simulation, PCB/schematic/simulation export, and WebTHERM™ thermal simulation. You can find all of TI’s power products available in Power Designer here. Power Designer allows you to optimize, design, change components and edit the schematic, simulate, run WebTHERM thermal simulation and export your PCB design.
Whether using the online or desktop application, SwitcherPro power supply design software provides a unique combination of features.
- The Library Manager allows you to view system parts and define your own parts to use them in your designs
- The "Edit Design" option gives you the ability to change your design without having to create a new one
- Devices in the tool now include buck, boost and buck-boost single and dual output devices in a growing library of parts
- Create new designs with parts easy with the Power Design Wizard online or on your desktop
- Calculate efficiency
- Calculate loop responses
- View stress information on all key parts in the design
- Customize designs by changing part labels, changing parts, and changing outputs
- Change multiple parameters to model all types of what/if cases
- Get a simple schematic for your design
- Send designs to others on the system with your comments attached when using the online application