View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- UART to Wi-Fi Bridge With 24-V AC Power Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2234 KB)
23 Jul 2015 642 views
The TIDA-00375 TI Design uses Texas Instruments SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 Internet-on-a-chip Wireless MCU module to create a data bridge between existing hardware with a logic-level UART interface and a Wi-Fi network. The design also contains a Simple Switcher power supply with a wide input range suitable for 24 volt HVAC systems. The UART interface has buffers to allow this design to interface with equipment that has logic levels between 3.3 volts and 5 volts.
- Simple Switcher power supply with a wide input voltage range – 18V to 30V AC, 12V to 48V DC
- Cortex M4 Provides Adaptability to Customer Communication Protocols
- UART input with logic level translator can be used with 3.3 V or 5 V logic
- Enables adding a Wi-Fi data stream to existing hardware without needing a hardware redesign