View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 230-V/250-W, Hi-η Sensorless BLDC Motor Drive w/ 30% Reduced Bulk Cap Ref Design (Rev. A)
(PDF 5473 KB)
12 May 2016 349 views
The TIDA-00472 is a discrete IGBT-based three-phase inverter for driving brushless DC (BLDC) motors rated up to 250 W, for example, used in cooker hoods, using a sensor-less, trapezoidal control method. The design provides software implementation for DC bus voltage ripple compensation resulting in 30% reduction in the DC bus capacitor requirement and reduced overall BOM cost. The cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection feature protects the power stage from large current spikes and the board can work up to 65°C ambient. This design has also been tested to pass EN55014 standards for conducted emissions, Surge and EFT.
- 250W Mains Powered BLDC Motor Drive with Sensor-less Trapezoidal Control using InstaSPIN-BLDC
- Software Implementation for DC Bus Ripple Compensation Resulting in 30 % Reduced DC Bus Capacitor
- Current Sensing using Single Shunt on the DC Bus Return for Cycle-By-Cycle Current Limit and Protection
- The High Efficient Circuit Board Enable Working up to 200W without heat sink up to 65 OC ambient temperature
- Hardware design to meet surge, EFT and conducted emission as per EN55014
- This Design is a Tested, Ready to Use Hardware and Software Platform for Drving High Voltage BLDC Motors