View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Power Measurement AFE for mV Output Sensors Interfaced to SAR ADC Design Guide
(PDF 3948 KB)
19 Jun 2015 160 views
The TIDA-00493 TI design is a fixed gain amplifier stage for measuring low amplitude voltage and current inputs accurately over a wide dynamic range using SAR ADC for power measurement applications. Low-amplitude AC voltage from voltage dividers, current transformers or split core current sensors with a 333-mV output can be accurately measured.
- Op-Amp Based Fixed Gain Amplifier Stage for Voltage and Current Inputs With Output Compatible to ADS8688 Input Range of ±2.56, ±5.12, and ±10.24 V.
- Configurations Provided:
- Voltage Input With Resistor Divider > 1-MΩ Impedance (No External PT Required)
- 333-mV AC Voltage Output Type Current Sensor Interface
- CT Secondary Input With Burden Resistor: Single-Ended & Differential
- Onboard Programmable Reference Provided for Single-Ended Measurement Applications.