View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
The TPS53355 Inductor-On-Top step-down buck converter design enables high power density through reduction of X-Y PCB area by placing the output inductor on top of the IC and results in 92% minimum efficiency for 66W and 100W output power designs (3.3V and 5V output) requiring only 4x100µF ceramic output caps.
- 94% Efficiency at 12VIN, 5Vout,20A output current, 650KHz
- 6W power loss at 100W Output Power
- 14mV Output Voltage Ripple at 20A output current
- Only 4x100µF output ceramic capacitors
- 27mV Output Voltage Overrshoot in response to 5A to a 10A load increase, 2.5A/µs
- 58.7°C IC case temperature at 5Vout and 20A output current (100W Output Power)