View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
TIDA-00750 Schematic Files
(ZIP 593 KB)
02 May 2016 505 views
- People Counting Demand Controlled Ventilation 3D Time-of-Flight Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 4942 KB)
04 May 2016 370 views
People counting for demand controlled ventilation using 3D time-of-flight (ToF) reference design is a subsystem solution that uses TI’s 3D ToF image sensor combined with tracking and detection algorithms to count the number of occupants present in a given area with high resolution and accuracy. The sensor technology is developed in standard CMOS, allowing systems to achieve very high integration at a lower system cost. Because ToF image sensor processes visual data in three dimensions, the sensor can detect the exact shape of a human body along with track the movement and location of people with unprecedented precision, including subtle movement changes. For this reason, ToF cameras are potentially capable of performing real-time people counting and people tracking functions much more effectively than traditional surveillance cameras and video analytics.
- Accuracy: >90%
- Configurable response time, occupancy data available in real-time or periodically
- Wide field of View: H74.4º x V59.3º
- Being independent of ambient light, 3D ToF camera can even see in the dark
- Four NIR lasers provide large illumination area
- Short diffused laser pulses inherently eye-safe
- Runs on an embedded platform