View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Automotive Precision eFuse Reference Design (Rev. B)
(PDF 2830 KB)
22 Aug 2016 469 views
Fuses are used in many products to avoid current surges and the damage that overcurrent may cause. The traditional fuses used in the Automotive space are low in accuracy and response time. The TIDA-00795 Automotive Precision eFuse reference design is a replacement to the traditional fuse offering higher accuracy and features not found in traditional fuses.This eFuse reference design can be used as a building block to implement a multichannel eFuse box. It can also be used in the Body Control Module (BCM) and Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
- Accuracy: > 97 %
- Configurable delay time to accommodate inrush current for 10us, 50us & 100us
- Configurable current limit upto 30A (Scalable >100A)
- Response time: max 10us (configurable by delay time)
- Compliance to 12V electrical transients of ISO 7637_2