The TI design is for automotive high side dimming rear light, which uses BCM to supply the rear light. In the TI design the high side driver TPS1H100-Q1 is used to output PWM supply with different duty cycle. Linear LED drivers TPS92630-Q1 and TPS92638-Q1 are used to drive the LEDs in constant current.
• High side dimming
• Wide input voltage range: 12V Typical, 9-16V Continuous
• Programable current limit high side driver
• LED Open circuit, LED short circuit, LED driver output short to battery, device thermal shut down protection
• Thermal Foldback function for LED driver
• One fail all fail function