View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- ±100A, <1% Accurate, Shunt-Based, High-Side, Bidirectional Current Design Guide
(PDF 1502 KB)
09 Dec 2016 3,760 views
The TIDA-01141 TI design provides a reference solution for ±100A shunt-based, high-side continuous bi-directional current measurement addressing applications such as battery current monitoring and current monitoring in UPS, Telecom Rectifiers and Server PSUs. This design achieves high accuracy with low shunt resistance value thus reducing power loss and hence shunt sizing.
- Shunt-based ±100A continuous bi-directional current measurement solution for accurate current monitoring applications
- Tight DC accuracy of <1% across temperatures from 25˚C to 85˚C
- Low shunt value offers reduced power loss and enhances the system efficiency
- High-side current sense solution for batteries ranging from 6V to 60V (12V/24V/36V/48V) and common mode voltage up to 80V
- Adaptable for current sensing even close to fast switching nodes without any external common-mode filtering
- Fast (<10us) over-current fault alert in either direction for system safety, with programmable threshold