View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- People Counting for Demand Controlled Ventilation Using Sitara Design Guide
(PDF 4030 KB)
01 May 2017 613 views
The TIDA-01436 reference design is a subsystem solution that uses TI's Sitara Processor Linux Software Development Kit (SDK) and TI’s 3D Time-of-Flight (ToF) image sensor to count the number of occupants in a defined area with high resolution and accuracy. ToF image sensors can process spacial data in three dimensions, so the sensor can be used to determine the number of objects present and can track their movements, and it has the capability to determine whether the objects are human bodies. This design uses TI's AM437x processor as the host controller with fully integrated ToF drivers supported by the Processor Linux SDK, which is ideal for embedded solutions. The combination of a ToF camera paired with a host controller board is more effective in real-time people counting than traditional surveillance cameras and video analytics.
- End-to-end solution with fully integrated system
- Built on TI's Processor Linux Software Development Kit (SDK) and runs on TI's AM437x GP EVM
- People counting accuracy > 90%
- Occupancy data configurable to be either real-time or periodic
- Wide field of view: 87º (Diagonal); 74.4º (Horizontal) × 59.3º (Vertical)
- 3D ToF camera can even see in the dark due to ambient light independence