View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Smart Plug with Remote Disconnect and Wi-Fi Connectivity Design Guide
(PDF 3267 KB)
15 Sep 2014 1,306 views
This design implements single-outlet energy measurement with remote connect/disconnect capability and Wi-Fi connectivity. Designers can quickly create networked load control devices for industrial building and home automation applications.
- SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi connectivity over IEEE-802.11 b/g/n networks from any smart phone, tablet, or computer through a standard web browser
- Single-phase energy measurement that calculates RMS current, RMS voltage, active and reactive power and energies, power factor, and frequency
- Solid-state relay provides remote connect/disconnect capability
- Compact physical design with minimal BOM components
- Low-power components plus efficient power supply provide low system power consumption
- The system design is tested and includes firmware for energy measurement, Wi-Fi connectivity, and relay control along with Android-based demo application and user’s guide
- Enables the Internet of Things (IoT)