Easily add Bluetooth Low Energy to your application using a simple serial interface with minimal BLE knowledge required. This reference software solution demonstrates how to implement a UART to BLE bridge by communicating serial data wirelessly and bi-directionally between a wired UART and wireless BLE solution. For their existing or new industrial Internet Of Things (IoT) designs, developers can quickly enable wireless connectivity by simply sending data through the standard wired serial port of their host MCU without worrying about the BLE protocol. The solution also includes an RS232 to UART hardware reference design and the software also supports SPI interfaces. Refer to this forum post for the latest release updates.
- Enables easy BLE integration on any host microcontroller through modular code
- Support asynchronous and synchronous serial interfaces
- Runs on the SimpleLink™ Bluetooth low energy CC2640, CC2640R2F wireless MCUs as well as the CC2650MODA certified module.
- Uses the TI royalty-free BLE-stack
- Bluetooth® 5 High Speed mode (2 Mbps) support with CC2640R2F
- Compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 implementations
- Ports easily to other boards including the SimpleLink CC2650 SensorTag kit and CC2640R2 LaunchPad development kit
- Offers a generic design to fit various applications
- This easy-to-use software sub-system is tested and ready to be replicated for your next wireless project