View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Human Machine Interface (HMI) for EV Charging Infrastructure Reference Design
(PDF 4804 KB)
21 Jul 2017 260 views
This processor-based reference design facilitates a quicker time to market and helps customers design cost-effective, human machine interface (HMI) solutions for electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure or EV supply equipment (EVSE). This reference design showcases a two-dimensional (2-D) Qt graphical user interface (GUI), which is typical for EVSE HMI, along with TI processor capabilities for software-rendered graphics. The AM335x processors provide scalability with various processing speeds, compatible software to satisfy low-to high-end applications, and ample connectivity with the key peripherals required for EVSE HMI, such as universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter (UART) and CAN.
- 4 example screens of charging station options using software accelerated graphics and Qt
- Resistive touchscreen enabled
- Support for 480x272 resolution on included 4.3 inch LCD, but scalable up to 2048x2048 on other displays
- Built on TI’s Processor SDK-Linux for scalability to other Sitara processors