View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
Ideal for automotive, outdoor, entertainment, retail, and decorative lighting applications, the Multi-String LED Lighting design implements independent multi-string LED lighting with high resolution dimming. The LED driver consists of a microcontroller-controlled DC/DC Sepic Power stage and eight independently dimmable LED strings complete with overcurrent and overvoltage protection.
• Independently drive up to 8 high brightness LED strings with wide range dimming control
• Suitable design reference for high brightness LED applications. DC/DC LED driver power supply consists of a DC/DC SEPIC power stage and 8 PWM-controlled LED dimming stages
• DC/DC LED driver power supply supports 12 – 36 VDC input and 1 A max current output per LED string
• Overcurrent and overvoltage protection to safeguard board components from damaging current levels
• Precise LED dimming control and efficient power stage control made possible by the C2000™ Piccolo™ TMS320F28035 microcontroller.
• LED lighting reference platform is available for purchase and includes hardware platform, software examples and libraries, graphical user interface (GUI), technical application notes, and step-by-step theory-based user guides.
NOTE: Software for this board is located inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at http://www.ti.com/tool/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "DC/DC LED Developer’s Kit" under the Development Tools -> Lighting section.