TPS40422 Dual Output or Multiphase Synchronous Buck Controller Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
The Texas Instruments TPS40422EVM-091 evaluation module (EVM) helps designers evaluate the performance of the TPS40422 Dual Output or Multiphase Synchronous Buck Controller with PMBus. The EVM is designed to use a regulated 8.0Vdc to 14.0Vdc bus to produce two regulated outputs. One output is 1.2Vdc at a maximum of 20A load current, and the other is 3.3V at a maximum of 15A load current. The EVM also features the CSD86350Q5D NexFET™ Power Block FETs. The EVM is designed to demonstrate the TPS40422 in a typical dual output application.
- 8V to 14V input range
- Two independent fixed outputs: 1.2V at 20A and 3.3V at 15A
- PMBus enabled analog controller
- Programmable switching frequency: 200kHz–1MHz
- Programmable soft-start
- Programmable over current protection
- Inductor resistance or series resistance used for current sensing
- Remote voltage sense amplifier on the primary 1.2V output
- Voltage Mode Feedback Control with Voltage Feedforward