TPS6598X Host Interface Utility Tool TPS65982-HIUTILITY (ACTIVE)
This tool is not recommended for new designs. Please use the TPS6598X-CONFIG tool as we have integrated debug functionality into it.
- TPS6598x Utilities Tool User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 4486 KB)
20 Jul 2016
The TPS6598X Utilities Tool is a set of python scripts used to interact with the TPS65982 and TPS65986 USB Type-C and PD controllers using the device’s Host Interface and an external Windows-based computer. This interface provides a rich variety of functions for both controlling the TPS65982 or TPS65986 and for acquiring status information.
- Easy way to prototype custom port controller behavior
- Simple-to-use debugging through status register readout
- A variety of python scripts to interact with the TPS65982 and TPS65986's Host Interface:
- Read the Host Interface Registers
- Update the application firmware image
- Update just region 0 or region 1 of the application firmware
- Basic Power Delivery trace functionality
- And more!