TPS6598X Host Interface Utility Tool
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
This tool is not recommended for new designs. Please use the TPS6598X-CONFIG tool as we have integrated debug functionality into it.
- TPS6598x Utilities Tool User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 4486 KB)
20 Jul 2016
The TPS6598X Utilities Tool is a set of python scripts used to interact with the TPS65982 and TPS65986 USB Type-C and PD controllers using the device’s Host Interface and an external Windows-based computer. This interface provides a rich variety of functions for both controlling the TPS65982 or TPS65986 and for acquiring status information.
- Easy way to prototype custom port controller behavior
- Simple-to-use debugging through status register readout
- A variety of python scripts to interact with the TPS65982 and TPS65986's Host Interface:
- Read the Host Interface Registers
- Update the application firmware image
- Update just region 0 or region 1 of the application firmware
- Basic Power Delivery trace functionality
- And more!