MSP430 CapTIvate™ Touch Keypad BoosterPack
- BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD Capacitive Touch BoosterPack Plug-in Module User's Guide
(PDF 965 KB)
09 Jan 2018 267 views
The BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD is an easy-to-use evaluation module (EVM) for the MSP430FR2522 capacitive touch sensing microcontroller (MCU) with CapTIvate™ technology. The BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD can be used in three different ways - with a LaunchPad™ development kit, with the CapTIvate development kit (MSP-CAPT-FR2633) or with the CapTIvate programmer board (CAPTIVATE-PGMR).
The BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD enables you to extend your LaunchPad™ development kit design by adding a 12-key capacitive touch numeric keypad with LED backlighting and proximity wake-up. Don’t have a LaunchPad kit? The BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD may be used as a simple CapTIvate technology evaluation module when coupled with the CAPTIVATE-PGMR for interfacing to a host PC running the CapTIvate Design Center. It is even possible to bypass the onboard keypad and connect up to three external capacitive sensors to the BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD to test out your own sensor design concepts. If you have a CapTIvate development kit (MSP-CAPT-FR2633) you can use the programmer board that is part of the kit to evaluate the BOOSTXL-CAPKEYPAD.
- MSP430FR2522 MSP430 MCU with CapTIvate technology
- 40-pin BoosterPack standard leveraging the LaunchPad ecosystem
- CapTIvate programming header for interfacing with CAPTIVATE-PGMR
- 12 touch button numeric keypad with proximity sensor
- Integrated LP3943 LED driver for backlighting