CODECS- Video, Speech - for C66x-based Devices
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Status||Version Date||Description|
|ACTIVE||2013||Encoding and decoding video/image codecs for the C66x devices|
|ACTIVE||2012||Encoding and decoding speech codecs for the C66x devices.|
TI codecs are free, come with production licensing and are available for download now. All are production-tested for easy integration into video, and voice applications. In many cases, the C64x+ codecs are provided and validated for C66x platforms. Datasheets and Release Notes are on the download page, as well as in each installer.
- Field-hardened and tested
- LINUX and WINDOWS installers
- XDC packaged and validated on a standard EVM in a Codec Engine-based test
- Both encoder and decoder are available
- All codecs are eXpressDSP™ compliant and implement one of the XDM 1.x interfaces
- Performance data specified in each codec Datasheet
IMPORTANT NOTE: The codecs available by clicking GET SOFTWARE button (above) are the most recent, tested versions TI currently offers. In addition, versions of TI codecs are also provided in some application Demos. Remember that the codec versions in the Demos may or may not be the most current available.