LM5150RUM Evaluation Module
The LM5150RUMEVM evaluation module (EVM) is designed to supply a minimum voltage from a vehicle battery during cranking and provides the design engineer with a fully functional boost converter to evaluate the LM5150 Wide VIN Automotive Low IQ Boost Controller IC.
The EVM requires minimum 5V at the output to start up properly. After the start-up, the input voltage can go down to 2.5V and can go up to 40V. The EVM produces minimum 8.5V at load current up to 2.94A. When the input/output voltage is high enough to guarantee minimum 8.5V at the output, external PMOS bypass switch turns on automatically to save power loss.
- 2.5V to 40V input voltage range (5V is required to start-up)
- 8.5V target output voltage when input voltage drops below the target
- Up to 2.94A output current
- 440kHz typical switching frequency
- Automatic bypass switch control