LMK03328EVM Ultra-Low-Jitter Clock Generator EVM With 2 PLLs, 8 Differential Outputs, and 2 Inputs
- LMK03328EVM User's Guide
(PDF 6489 KB)
25 Aug 2015
The LMK03328EVM evaluation module provides a complete clocking platform to evaluate the 100-fs RMS jitter performance and pin-/software-configuration modes and features of the Texas Instruments LMK03328 Ultra-Low-Jitter Clock Generator with Dual PLLs, 8 outputs, 2 inputs, and integrated EEPROM.
The LMK03328EVM can be used as a flexible, multiple-output clock source for compliance testing, performance evaluation, and initial system prototyping. The edge-launch SMA ports provide access to the LMK03328 clock inputs and outputs for interfacing to test equipment and reference boards using commercially available coaxial cables, adapters, or baluns (not included). This connectivity enables integrated system level testing between TI’s LMK03328 and third-party FPGA/ASIC/SoC reference boards. A software graphical user interface (GUI) platform can be installed on a Host PC to access the LMK03328 device registers and EEPROM via the on-board USB-to-I2C interface. The GUI platform can also be used to export / import Register and EEPROM data files to facilitate factory or in-system programming of custom device configurations.
- Two independent clock domains in Dual PLL operation for clocking multiple interface standards/protocols
- Up to 8 pairs of Differential or 16 LVCMOS (1.8V) clock outputs, or any combination of both
- Flexible device pin modes offer multiple start-up register configurations (jumper selectable)
- Clock frequency margining: ±50 ppm adjustment of output frequencies via on-board pullable crystal
- GUI platform for full access to LMK03328 registers and EEPROM