NFC ISO 15693 Sensor Transponder Evaluation Module
- RF430FRL15xH Firmware User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 590 KB)
28 Jun 2017
- RF430FRL152HEVM User's Guide (Rev. C)
(PDF 2410 KB)
03 Jul 2018
RF430FRL152H Firmware (Rev. F)
(ZIP 227 KB)
03 Jul 2017
The RF430FRL152HEVM evaluation module is a self-contained development platform which can be used to evaluate the features and performance of the ISO 15693 compatible RF430FRL15xH NFC Sensor Transponder. The evaluation board can be powered with a battery, over USB or by harvesting RF energy from a nearby NFC-enabled reader or smartphone. The embedded application code in ROM manages RF communication and sensor readings to provide the ultimate flexibility in configuring the device. Developers can configure sampling rates, measurement thresholds and alarms. The 2kByte universal non-volatile memory (FRAM) allows data storage as well as extension and adjustment of application code. For further expansion, the evaluation board is compatible with a number of BoosterPacks from TI’s low-cost LaunchPad rapid prototyping ecosystem, such as the Sensor Hub BoosterPack offering connectivity for additional sensors.
The evaluation module can be used to evaluate the NFC Sensor Transponder for a variety of applications such wearables and health and fitness patches.
- Wireless communication via the ISO/IEC 15693, ISO/IEC 18000-3 compliant NFC / RFID interface
- Powering from RF field, USB or 1.5V Battery
- Integrated 16-bit ultra-low-power programmable MSP430™ CPU
- Application code embedded in ROM manages RF communication and sensor readings
- 2 kByte universal non-volatile memory (FRAM) allows data storage as well as extension and adjustment of application code
- On board thermistor and light sensor connected to the 14bit Sigma-Delta ADC and possibility to connect additional analog sensor
- I2C/SPI Interface configurable as Master or Slave to support digital sensors or connect the board to a host system
- Two 10-pin headers provide standard interface to BoosterPacks and Launchpads
- On board antenna or optional external antenna connection
Want to learn about NFC in medical applications?
Watch this video for market trends, use cases and TI solutions working with NFC in wearable patches for medical applications.
Do you have questions about Near Field Communication?
Learn about key NFC characteristics as well as TI solutions and application areas.