SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 SDK - Bluetooth® low energy
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
The SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 SDK includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth® low energy software stack (BLE-Stack) for the ARM® Cortex®-M3 based SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU. The BLE-Stack is a full-featured Bluetooth 4.2 certified stack that includes all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth low energy (BLE) applications.
For an overview of TI’s Bluetooth low energy solutions, please visit http://www.ti.com/ble.
The SimpleLink™ MCU SDKs
The SimpleLink MCU SDKs feature common components and device-specific middleware to speed up your time-to-market and provide a unified development experience across the entire SimpleLink MCU portfolio of wired and wireless devices. Intuitive and standardized APIs enable 100% application code portability.
Common SimpleLink SDK components:
- TI Drivers offer portable, feature-rich access to peripherals through easy-to-use functional APIs
- DriverLib hardware abstraction layer (HAL) offer lower-level access for peripheral and device-specific optimization
- OS/Kernel provides real-time, multi-tasking operation using the integrated TI-RTOS kernel, or other OS offerings such as FreeRTOS.
- POSIX-compliant APIs enable application code portability between different OS/kernels
- Examples are included in documentation and training to help you start developing
Middleware: Each device SDK incorporates additional middleware components to enable developers to take advantage of device-specific features and application-level libraries
Plugins: SDK plugins are also available to extend the functionalities of the SDK with protocols and software for external components.
- SimpleLink SDK Bluetooth® Plugin provides Bluetooth low energy wireless connectivity to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- SimpleLink SDK Wi-Fi Plugin provides Wi-Fi connectivity with CC3120 network processor to SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs
- Sensors and Actuator Plugin enables SimpleLink MSP432 MCUs to interface with a number of analog and digital sensors and actuators from TI and 3rd-party providers
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Additional applications supported with optional SimpleLink CC2640R2 BLE Example Pack: Glucose Sensor, HID Emulated Keyboard, Heart Rate and Voice Remote Control
- Support for automatic code generation of any adopted or custom Bluetooth GATT profile with TI’s plugin for Bluetooth Developer Studio (BDS)
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and beacon configurations.
- Device Firmware Upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for up to 8 simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support for voice to cloud applications using digital microphone driver.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Support for the CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit with integrated XDS110 USB debugger.
- Wide range of sample applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market
- Bluetooth qualified design listing to reduce certification test time.
- Flexible protocol stack configuration options to maximize application memory.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM, Code Composer Studio™ (CCS) and CCS Cloud™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.
- Free code generation option with CCS v7.1