SimpleLink CC2640R2 SDK - Bluetooth® low energy SIMPLELINK-CC2640R2-SDK (ACTIVE)
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Buy from Authorized Distributor||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
Pricing may vary.
|Contact a Distributor|
Important Note:The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
The SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) software stacks for developing single-mode BLE applications on the ARM® Cortex®-M3 based SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU and automotive qualified SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2640R2F-Q1 wireless MCU. The BLE stacks include all necessary software, sample applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth low energy (BLE) applications. This SDK includes two components; one for developing Bluetooth 5 (BLE5-Stack) and one for Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE-Stack) applications. Both stacks support embedded and network processor applications and are backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth 4.1 and 4.0 specifications. Refer to the SDK release notes for a detailed description of the features available in this SDK.
For an overview of TI’s Bluetooth low energy solutions, please visit http://www.ti.com/ble.
To quickly get started with the CC2640R2 SDK, TI recommends using SimpleLink Academy, an interactive set of training labs with theory and hands-on exercises to rapidly begin development. The suggested starting point is Project Zero, an introductory demo to easily establish a link between CC2640R2F and a smartphone. Users can begin with Project Zero and launch their own Bluetooth low energy applications.
- The Bluetooth 5 stack (BLE5-Stack) supporting LE Coded PHYs and Advertising Extensions has been Bluetooth qualified and is available for production use
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2 as well as Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1 LE features.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Additional applications supported with optional SimpleLink CC2640R2 BLE Example Pack: Glucose Sensor, HID Emulated Keyboard, Heart Rate and Voice Remote Control.
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and beacon configurations.
- Device Firmware Upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for multiple simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support for voice to cloud applications using digital microphone driver.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Support for the CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit with integrated XDS110 USB debugger.
- Wide range of sample applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market.
- Bluetooth qualified design listing to reduce certification test time for Bluetooth 4.2.
- Flexible protocol stack configuration options to maximize application memory.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM, Code Composer Studio™ (CCS) and CCS Cloud™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.
- Free code generation option with CCS v8.1