This design illustrates the circuit modifications required to support high bandwidth and high frequency applications using current source DACs like the DAC38J84 with the TRF3704 modulator. The TRF3704 is a 6 GHz modulator capable of supporting wide BB bandwidths. The DAC38J84 is a 2.5 GSPS converter capable of supporting 600 MHz of baseband bandwidth. This combination facilitates operating at frequencies and bandwidths previously unattainable for high end communication systems.
- Supports 600 MHz of I/Q bandwidth corresponding to 1.2 GHz of RF bandwidth
- Operation up to 6 GHz with good gain and linearity performance
- Provides proper translation network to interface DAC to the modulator
- Provides contingency for LPF between DAC and Modulator
- Introduces modifications to ensure flat BB response for high bandwidth applications
- TSW38J84 is an orderable reference design with GUI; modifications within this document can be made on that EVM.