6.9.1 Digital I/O
Up to eight 8-bit I/O ports are implemented. For 80-pin options, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6, and P7 are complete, and P8 is reduced to 3-bit I/O. For 64-pin options, P3 and P5 are reduced to 5-bit I/O and 6-bit I/O, respectively, and P7 and P8 are completely removed. Port PJ contains four individual I/O ports, common to all devices.
- All individual I/O bits are independently programmable.
- Any combination of input, output, and interrupt conditions is possible.
- Pullup or pulldown on all ports is programmable.
- Drive strength on all ports is programmable.
- Edge-selectable interrupt and LPM4.5 wake-up input capability available for all bits of ports P1 and P2.
- Read and write access to port-control registers is supported by all instructions.
- Ports can be accessed byte-wise (P1 through P8) or word-wise in pairs (PA through PD).