Maximum Binary Pattern Rate
DLP Digital Controller
Micromirror Array Size
2560 x 1600
Micromirror Array Diagonal
Micromirror Pixel Pitch
- Display images or video up to WQXGA resolution (2560x1600 array)
- High speed patterns using the native DLPC900
- Up to 9,523 Hz binary pattern rate
- Up to 247 Hz 8-bit grayscale pattern rate
- 2 Configurable I/O trigger for synchronizing with cameras, sensors, etc
- USB 1.1, HDMI and I2C interfaces
- USB-based API and host GUI
- Flex Cable connections to remote DMD board for easy optical/mechanical interface
- DLPC900 generates control signals to DLP9000
- Supports data transfer up to 40 Gbps
- Provides high speed 2xLVDS data and control interface
- DLPC900 drives mirror reset and timing information to the DLP9000
- Main EVM controller board dimensions: 175mm (6.9 in) x125mm (4.9in)
In addition, the reference design documentation allows customers to develop custom products based on the DLP9000 chipset included in DLP LightCrafter 9000.
DLP LightCrafter 9000 EVM Reference Design: The reference design includes schematics, Gerber layout files, and bill of materials for the DLP LightCrafter 9000.
- DLP LightCrafter 9000 Reference Design (Active) - Version 1.1. (09/2016)
Texas Instruments DLPLCR9000EVM
The DLP® LightCrafter™ 9000 is a high performance and highly flexible development kit for incorporating DLP technology into a wide variety light steering applications. This EVM is an easy path for solutions maximizing resolution, optical throughput and brightness.
At the heart of DLP LightCrafter 9000 is a DLP chipset comprising of:
- DLP9000 - Digital Micro-mirror Device (DMD)
- DLPC900 - DMD digital controller (requires 2 controllers)
The DLP9000 offers true HD resolution, 2560x1600, or over 4 million programmable micromirrors.
The DLPC900 enables impressive pattern rates up to 9,523Hz. For even higher rates, design with the DLP9000X DMD and DLPC910 Digital Controller for up to 15kHz pattern rates or greater than 60 Gbps maximum throughput. These high rates enable real time 3D machine vision measurements, faster 3D printing for additive manufacturing, and more accurate digital light exposures with competitive cycle times in industrial markets. DLPC900 also offers designers maximum flexibility to format and sequence light patterns, which can easily be controlled via the graphical user interface.
The DLP LightCrafter 9000 allows for a configurable input/output trigger for convenient synchronization with cameras, sensors, or other peripheral devices. The added flexibility enables diverse architectures for industrial, medical, metrology, security, telecom, and instrumentation applications.
The DLP LightCrafter 9000 only operates with the DLP9000 DMD. To prototype with the high speed DLP9000X DMD, refer to the DLP subsystem reference design.
Power supply sold separately: Digi-Key part number DPS53.