The BOOSTXL-RS232 is a BoosterPack™ Plug-in Module for a TI LaunchPad™ Development Kit. The BOOSTXL-RS232 enables quick RS-232 prototyping with the TRS3122E, the industry’s first 1.8-V inductor-less low-power RS-232 transceiver. The board is equipped with a DB-9 connector and standard 40-pin headers for the LaunchPad Development Kit. These together provide an easy method of connection to a LaunchPad Development Kit and an external RS-232 serial port. The BoosterPack Plug-in Module is also equipped with headers that let the driver inputs and receiver outputs of the TRS3122E be assigned to various general-purpose inputs and outputs of the connected LaunchPad Development Kit. The BOOSTXL-RS232 is capable of ultra-low voltage levels, both power and logic and has a shutdown feature for power saving. The connection of the DB-9 port is monitored through the TRS3122E invalid pin.
- Auto-powerdown plus
- Low 0.5-µA shutdown current
- Capable of translating 1v8 or 3v3 TTL logic to ± 5-V RS-232 signal
- Dual channel allows for serial RX/TX and flow control (CTS/RTS)
- DB-9 port connection monitoring
- Compatible with a wide range of TI LaunchPads
- On board LEDs connected to RS-232 signal paths