BQ24072 USB Li-Ion Battery Charger and Power-Path Management Evaluation Module | Linear
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- bq24072/3/4/5/9(T) and bq24230/2 1.5-A Single-Chip Li-Ion (Rev. E)
(PDF 541 KB)
03 Jan 2017
This user’s guide describes the bq24072/3/4/5/9(T) and bq24230/2 (bqTiny-III™) evaluation module (EVM). The EVM provides a convenient method for evaluating the performance of a charge management and system power solution for portable applications using the bq24072/3/4/5/9(T) and bq24230/2 product families. A completely designed and tested module is presented. The charger is designed to deliver up to 1.5 A of continuous current to the system or charger for one-cell Li-ion or Li-polymer applications (see the data sheet for correct device) using a dc power supply. The charger is programmed from the factory to deliver 0.9 A of charging current. This EVM was designed as a stand-alone evaluation module, but it also can be interfaced with the system and host via the connectors and headers.
- Input current limiting: 100 or 500 mA for USB, user-programmable for non-USB applications
- Input voltage dynamic power management
- 28V max Vin with OVP
- Dynamic Power Management with integrated input and charge FETs
- Voltage or current based thermister input options available