The BQ24133EVM-715-5V (-001) assists users in evaluating the bq24133 synchronous battery charger. The bq24133 is highly integrated stand-alone Li-ion and Li-polymer switch-mode battery charge controllers with two integrated N-channel power MOSFETs and power path selector gate driver. It offers a constant-frequency synchronous PWM controller with high accuracy regulation of input current, charge current and voltage. It also provides battery detection, pre-conditioning, charge termination, and charge status monitoring. The EVM is also called the HPA715 (-001). This EVM is optimized for a 5V input voltage and charges a single cell 4.2V Li-ion battery. The UG manual includes the bq24133EVM bill of materials, board layout, and schematic.
- Evaluation module for bq24133
- Stand-alone synchronous switch-mode, battery-charge controller
- Integrated N-MOSFETs and power path selector
- Input operating range: 4.5 V to 8 V
- LED indication for charge status
- Test points for key signals available for testing purposes; easy probe hook-up
- Jumpers available; easy-to-change setting