Evaluation Module for BQ24210 800mA, Single-Input, Single Cell Li-Ion Battery Solar Charger
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- 800-mA, SIngle-Input, Single-Cell Battery Solar Charger w/Power Path (Rev. B)
(PDF 347 KB)
10 Nov 2015
View bq24210EVM-678 Graphic
The BQ24210EVM-678 assists users in evaluating the bq24210 solar chager. The EVM is also called the HPA678. The manual includes the BQ24210EVM-678 bill of materials, board layout, and schematic. The bq24210 series of devices are highly integrated Li-ion linear chargers devices targeted at space-limited portable applications. The high input voltage range with input overvoltage protection supports low-cost unregulated adapters. The input voltage regulation loop with programmable input voltage regulation threshold make it suitable for charging from alternative power sources, such as solar panel or inductive charging pad. The IC has a single power output that charges the battery. A system load can be placed in parallel with the battery as long as the average system load does not keep the battery from charging fully during the 10 hour safety timer. This user's guide describes the features and operation of the BQ24210EVM-678.
- Evaluation Module for bq24210
- 800mA, Single-Input, Single Cell Li-Ion Battery Solar Charger with Power Path
- Resistor-programmable setting for charge current and input voltage dynamic power management
- LED Indication for Status
- Test Points for Key Signals Available for Testing Purpose - Easy Probe Hook-up
- Jumpers Available - Easy to Change Setting