The bq24450EVM-691 assists users in evaluating the bq24450 linear battery charger. The User's Guide manual includes the bq24450EVM-691 bill of materials, board layout, and schematic. The bq24450 contains all the necessary circuitry to optimally control the charging of lead-acid batteries. The IC controls the charging current as well as the charging voltage to safely and efficiently charge the battery, maximizing battery capacity and life. Depending on the application, the IC can be configured as a simple constant-voltage float charge controller or a dual-voltage float-cum-boost charge controller.
- Evaluation module for bq24450 (HPA691)
- Charge controller for lead-acid batteries
- Constant current and constant voltage modes
- Accommodates external transistor in DPAK or TO-220 package
- Programmable charge current
- Pre-Charge for deeply discharged batteries