C2000 code generation tools - compiler
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
The TI C2000 C/C++ Compiler and Assembly Language Tools support development of applications for TI C2000 Microcontroller platforms, including the Concerto (F28M3xx), Piccolo (280xx), Delfino Floating-Point (283xx), and C2000 Fixed-Point (2823x/280x/281x) Microcontroller devices.
- Available in release 20.2.0.LTS:
- Hex utility tool new option --cmac (cipher-based message authentication protocol) will apply cmac algorithm to user defined regions and generate cmac tags for secure boot support.
- The Integer Division Unit (--idiv_support=idiv0) has performance, diagnostic, and build attribute updates.
- Memcpy inlining with RPT now supported for more than 255 words (up to 65535).
- FPU64 RTS library trig float routines sinf/cosf/tanf/cbrtf are now the same for fpu32 and fpu64 --float_support modes.
- New diagnostic checks were added for: block/non-blocked access, function calls between c28/cla code, FPU64 assembler checks, and --advice:performance for fpu32/fpu64.
- VCU register save/restore support for ISRs with --isr_save_vcu_regs option.
- Default file extension for compiler generated object files updated to .c.obj and .cpp.obj
- Available in C2000 Code Generation Tools starting with v18.12.0.LTS:
- Linker generated ECC option
- Float support for 64-bit FPU hardware
- Support for C2000 EABI
- Support for TMU1 instructions
- Support for VCRC device
- Support for integer division hardware extension
- Available in C2000 Code Generation Tools starting with release v18.1.0.LTS:
- CLA code size improvement
- Optimization of volatile bitfield assignments
- Prefer direct addressing with –cla_support=cla option
- Improved stack usage with inline functions
- Available in C2000 Code Generation Tools starting with release v16.9.0.LTS:
- Improved Stack Usage Utilization
- Support for LZSS compression
- Compressed section alignment
- Improved inlining
- Removal of duplicate and unneeded compiler options
TI Compiler SupportTI has an active, responsive E2E™ community, where support is available for TI compilers.
- Data Blocking in the C2000 MCU compiler explained
- Perform cyclic redundancy checking using linker-generated CRC tables
Long-term and short-term support
Long-term support (LTS) releases are actively maintained for approximately two years with reported defects being repaired as follows:
- Production stop defects are addressed within 2 weeks,
- Critical defects are addressed within 60 days, and
- Defect repairs are proactively applied to each release stream
- Only production stop defects may cause patch releases to be created,
- Patch releases for STS releases will not be planned, and
- Defect repairs will not be proactively applied to each release stream
- For more information about the distinction between LTS and STS compiler releases, please see the article: Introduction to LTS and STS Compiler Releases
- Optimizing C/C++ Compiler
- C/C++ standard header files
- C/C++ runtime libraries
- Object file display and manipulation utilities