The SimpleLink Bluetooth® Smart SensorTag removes the barriers to entry for smartphone app developers who want to take advantage of the growing number of Bluetooth® Smart-enabled smartphones and tablets. iBeacon Technology is a very low cost method for providing mobile phones with “indoor GPS” location feature: a functionality that is being used by many retail shops, museums and restaurants to display relevant information to users. The new iBeacon SensorTag app and reference design deliver fast time to market of new apps and devices for asset tracking, indoor locationing and point of sale applications.
- SimpleLink Bluetooth Smart CC2541 based SensorTag, supports the growing market for iBeacon technology
- Existing SensorTags can be updated with the new app through an over-the-air upgrade
- New location demo app, released with source code makes it easy for an app developer to create their own iBeacon-enabled app
- Source code for iBeacon reference design is available to manufacturers that are iBeacon licensees from Apple
- This design includes a CC2541 wireless MCU-based SensorTag, a new iBeacon app and demo and a Wiki with User Guides, Apps and SW Downloads.