DAC8551EVM Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- DAC8550/51/52 EVM (Rev. A)
(PDF 628 KB)
18 Sep 2006
The DAC8551EVM features the DAC8551 digital to analog converter. The EVM provides a quick and easy way to evaluate the functionality and performance of this high resolution, single channel, serial input Digital to Analog Converter (DAC). The EVM provides the serial interface header for communication. This allows easy attachment to any host microprocessor or TI DSP base system. Stacking allows a total of two channels for the DAC8551 to be used provided the frame synchronization signal is unique for each EVM board stacked.
- The EVM is compatible with the 5-6KINTERFACE board allowing use of the C3000 and C6000 DSP Starter Kits
- The EVM can connect to and interface to an MSP430 based platform
- The serial interface is easily attached to TI DSP based communication systems
- A precision +5V reference is provided as default reference for the DAC
- Headers J2 and P2, top and bottom, pass through connectors are used for interface signals