Linux EZ Software Development Kit (EZSDK) for DaVinci DM814x and DM816x Video Processors
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
This EZSDK is Not Recommended for New Designs (NRND). Please use the more current RDK. EZSDK support and design services are available through members of the TI Design network. For more information, please contact your local TI Sales Representative.
The Linux EZ Software Development Kit (EZ SDK) allows customers to evaluate their devices in minutes and begin development in less than an hour. This kit provides everything DaVinci™ developers need to evaluate and start developing on the DaVinci™ DM816x/DM814x processors. With the included Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based Application Launcher, launching demos, benchmarks, and applications is a snap. Furthermore, developers will find it easy to develop applications and add them to the Application Launcher. The EZ SDK also includes video/audio codecs and DSP-accelerated algorithms as well as tools, such as C6EZRun and C6EZAccel, to allow ARM developers to easily leverage the DSP for signal processing tasks.
The DaVinci Linux EZSDK is free from TI, and does not require any run-time royalties.
- Linux support based on 2.6.37+ kernel
- Android Gingerbread support
- Audio/video codecs
- Application examples: preconfigured projects for networked audio/video
- Matrix application launcher and unified installer for all target and host applications
- Quick start development
- Supported by CCStudio v5 (Eclipse 5.0): Compile, build, debug
- CodeSourcery Lite gcc tool chain
- Qt graphics SDK plug-in
- OpenMax libraries and ToolBox demos
The DaVinci™ Linux SDK includes the following components:
- Linux kernel 2.6.37
- File system
- Qt/Webkit application framework
- Graphical user interface (GUI)-based application launcher
- 3-D graphics support
- Example applications
- Host tools including Flash Tool and Pin MUX Utility
- Software Developers Guide
- DSP Software Components: BIOS6.3, MFP3.21 and Syslink
- HDVICP2 accelerated codecs: H.264 Encode/Decode, MPEG4 Encode/Decode, MPEG2 Decode and VC1/WMV9 to the video decoder