Welcome to the LM5165 quickstart design tool. This standalone tool facilitates and assists the power supply engineer with design of a DC/DC buck converter based on the LM5165 low IQ synchronous buck DC/DC regulator. As such, the user can expeditiously arrive at an optimized design to meet the application requirements.
- Determine filter inductance and input and output filter capacitances for a given operating mode (PFM or COT)
- Optimize the design using efficiency and solution size as key performance metrics
- Select components for soft-start, input UVLO, output voltage setpoint, current limit and switching frequency
- Inspect converter efficiency and component power dissipation
- Analyze efficiency based on selected component parameters
- Review auto-generated schematic and BOM list