LM5166 Wide VIN, Low IQ, COT 5V 500mA Evaluation Module
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
- LM5166EVM-C50A Evaluation Module
(PDF 2409 KB)
08 Dec 2016
The LM5166EVM evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance and all features of the LM5166, wide-VIN, synchronous buck DC/DC buck converter with ultra-low no-load supply current. The design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 6 V to 65 V to deliver a fixed 5-V output with better than 2% setpoint accuracy. Low dropout performance whenever the input voltage decreases below the output voltage setpoint is available with 100% duty cycle conduction of the high-side MOSFET. By virtue of the LM5166's constant-on-time (COT) control scheme and diode emulation, the no-load supply current is only 14 μA at 24-V input.
- 6V to 65V input voltage range
- 5V target output voltage
- Ultra-high power conversion efficiency: >90% at an output of 5 V and above 1 mA load (input voltage 12 V)
- COT or PFM control architecture
- No-load supply current as low as 12µA