The LM74610-DQEVM evaluation module demostrates reverse polarity protection as a replacement of Schottkey Diodes and P-Channel MOSFETs in a diode OR-ing configuration. In this reverse polarity protection solution two LM74610 Smart Diode Controllers are used to drive two 40V (VDS) external N-Channel MOSFETs. The LM74610-DQEVM emulates an ideal diode OR-ing properties when connected in series with two seperate voltage rails or power supplies. This OR-ing controller allows MOSFETs to replace diode rectifiers in power distribution networks thus reducing both power loss and voltage drops. When a negative voltage is senced at any of the Inputs, the LM74610 pulls down the MOSFET gate and isolates the connected load from the power supply.The output voltage continues to follow higher positive voltage. The TVS voltage clamping diodes for both inputs make LM74610-DQEVM safe for ISO7637 transient pulse testing.
- Maximum Reverse Voltage: -45V
- Fast Response to Dynamic Current Reversal <10μs
- Maxium Input Voltage is Drain-Source voltage of the MOSFET: 40V
- Maximum Load Current is Drain Current (Id): 75A
- Zero Iq and Low Reverse Leakage Current
- Meets Automotive ISO7637 and CISPR25 Requirements