The PMP10532 reference design is an isolated Fly-Buck power supply for industrial applications. It takes 24V nominal input and provides three isolated outputs: +5V@1A and +/-15V@200mA. The design is suitable for providing isolated power supply to MCU and control circuits and positive/negative bias to Op Amps in PLC applications. The cross regulation of each output over line and load variation maintains about +/-5% tolerance, and the input voltage range of the supply is from 19V to 30V. The design features the LM5160 synchronous buck converter configured as a Fly-Buck regulator. The LM5160 has a wide Vin range of 4.5V to 65V and 1.5A output current capability with integrated switch FETs. It employs the Constant On-Time (COT) control scheme suitable for the Fly-Buck. With the benefit of primary side regulation, the Fly-Buck converter makes a compact and cost effective solution for multiple isolated output power supply without the opto-coupler feedback.
- Three isolated outputs, +5V@1A and +/-15V@200mA, are ideal for PLC and industrial applications
- Fly-Buck converter design, primary side regulation
- Compact solution for multiple isolated output supplies
- 19V to 30V input voltage range, +/-5% Vout cross regulation
- LM5160 sync buck regulator, up to 65V wide Vin range, 1.5A capability
- Constant On Time control, no loop compensation and fast transient response
- This circuit board is tested, and the design files and test report are included.