This automotive point-of-load power supply reference design features complete front-end protection in a small overall solution size. The system can clamp fast high-voltage electrical transients and maintain operation through these events. It can also properly respond to a reverse battery polarity event and shut down appropriately. This three-output design employs sequencing of two buck regulators to ensure proper power-on and power-down timing, and features an input pi filter to reduce conducted EMI. The design accepts an input voltage of 5 V to 36 V and provides outputs of 3.3 V, 1.2 V, and 1.8 V. This supply is capable of supplying 2 A on the 1.8 V and 1.2-V outputs, while the 3.3-V output simultaneously supplies 3.55 A.
- Complete wide Vin front-end automotive power supply
- Off-battery operation with reverse battery protection
- Positive and negative transient voltage protection
- Auto-sequencing of all three power rails
- Reduced EMI with included pi filter