This reference design demonstrates EMI mitigation techniques required for a high frequency, reinforced 5-kVRMS isolated, 5-V bias DC/DC converter module to pass the automotive, CIPSR 25, class 5, EMC test standard. The design features a 500-mW, high efficiency bias supply with integrated transformer, control and power stage in a 2.65 mm height SOIC-16 package solution. Typical bias examples include: digital isolators, voltage and current sensing, CAN transceivers and signal communication used in the design of traction inverters, on-board chargers, battery management systems, infotainment, charging cables and PTC heaters.
- Passes CISPR 25, class 5 conducted and radiated emissions
- Low component count, small size, high integration, low profile
- Integrated IC level transformer rated for 5-kVRMS isolation
- AEC-Q100 qualified, functional safety capable
- This design has been tested and verified in an independent, certified anechoic EMI chamber