This tiny reference design delivers -60-V output voltage from an input voltage around 5 V typically generated by an automotive pre regulator. The controller in that circuit is LM5161-Q1 providing two internal MOSFETs. Overall, this converter is used as auxiliary supply for LIDAR applications.
- Capability to drive up to 40-mA peak for pulsed applications
- Temperature rise less than +30K at full load
- Load regulation 30 mV means only 0.05% output voltage deviation
- No switch node ringing results in low radiated emissions
- Output voltage ripple only around 100 mVpp to supply sensitive load