This multioutput supply powers a custom ASIC out of 5-V input voltage via multichannel IC (PMIC) LP87653-Q1. Despite this PMIC having four rails, phase three is unused and 1.1 VA (where A equals analog for sensitive loads) is generated via low-dropout regulator (LDO) on customer demand. The LDO used for 2.5 VA and 1.1 VA is TPS745-Q1. Both LDOs are powered out of 3.3 V to lower the losses of the LDO 1.1 VA, and two power resistors are added to the input.
- Automotive power supply to energize a custom ASIC out of 5-V input
- I/O to enable LMK00804 level translator, for example
- Individual sequencing is 3.3 V, 2.5 V then 1.1 V (buck and LDO) and start-up of the 1.1-V outputs are delayed by 11 ms
- Dual-stage differential input filter to attenuate switching frequency and harmonics as well as RF noise
- I2C bus for control and monitoring on the fly