SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 SDK - Bluetooth® low energy
This product has been released to the market and is available for purchase. For some products, newer alternatives may be available.
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Buy from Authorized Distributor||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
Pricing may vary.
|Contact a Distributor|
Important Note: The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
This SDK includes TI’s royalty-free Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) software stacks with all necessary software, example applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth Low Energy applications.
Two Bluetooth qualified protocol stack components are included, one for developing with advanced Bluetooth 5 (BLE5-Stack) featured, and one for memory-optimized Bluetooth 5.1 applications (BLE-Stack), using features defined by the Bluetooth 4.2 specification. Both stacks support embedded and network processor configurations and are backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth 4.2 and earlier Bluetooth specifications.
- Bluetooth 5 protocol stack (BLE5-Stack) supporting 2 Mbps PHY, LE Coded PHYs, Advertising Extensions (AE), multiple advertisement sets, and Channel Hopping Algorithm v2 (CSA#2) for improved shared spectrum coexistence.
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2 as well as Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1 LE features.
- Real-time Localization Systems (RTLS) toolbox supporting time-of-flight (ToF) and angle of arrival (AoA) using the SimpleLink™ angle of arrival BoosterPack.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Additional applications supported with optional SimpleLink CC2640R2 BLE Example Pack: Glucose Sensor, HID Emulated Keyboard, Heart Rate and Voice Remote Control.
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and broadcaster configurations.
- Secure device firmware upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for multiple simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support for voice to cloud applications using digital microphone driver.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Support for the CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit with integrated XDS110 USB debugger.
- Wide range of example applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market.
- Bluetooth qualified design listings to reduce certification test time. See www.ti.com/ble-qualification for details.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for Arm, Code Composer Studio™ (CCS) and CCS Cloud™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.