The TIDA-00174 reference design is a 4-output isolated Fly-Buck power supply for IGBT gate drive bias. It generates two sets of (+16V, -9V) voltage output with 100mA output current capability. The positive/negtaive bias voltages are used to power the high power IGBT gate drivers, and the design is suitable to support driving IGBTs.
This Fly-Buck design features the LM5017, 7.5-100V wide Vin, 600mA, Constant On-Time (COT), synchronous buck regulator. It provides an easy-to-design and cost effective isolated power solution. The Fly-Buck having the nature of primary side regulation can achieve better regulation and line/load response over other open-loop or aux winding feedback topologies. It is capable of operating from a loosely regulated 24V input (+/-20%). The board comes with plug-in header pins, and it is compatible with the C2000 HV inverter kit.
- Fly-Buck power supply for IGBT gate drive bias, primary side regulation without opto or aux winding feedback
- 2 pair of isolated positive/negative voltage rails suitable for biasing two IGBTs
- Output 2x (+16V, -9V), 100mA each, 2.5W per IGBT driver
- Operates from unregulated 24V+/-20% input
- 87% peak efficiency, <55mV output ripple
- This design is compatible and tested with the C2000 HV inverter kit