This advanced motor implements closed-loop speed control to maintain an exact RPM across the load torque profile. The magnetic rotor position is sensed by the DRV5013 Hall-effect sensors, and the DRV8308 controller decides when to drive the CSD88537ND FETs that energize the coils. No microcontroller or firmware is used, and the intelligent sinusoidal current drive minimizes acoustic noise and torque ripple to maximize motor performance.
As seen at APEC
- Speed controlled at 2054 RPM for any torque load up to 118 mNm (16.7 oz-in)
- Power input supports 24V to 32V and more than 5A
- Outrunner style provides good power density in 6x6x3 cm3 form
- Easy to modify RPM and max current with resistor changes
- Design features up to 71% efficiency
- System has been fully tested and proven
- AC-input BLDC motor drive
- Advanced custom controlled BLDC drive (<60V)
- Appliances pumps & fans
- Coffee machine
- Commutation sensor
- Cooker hood
- DC input HVAC motor control
- Integrated single chip BLDC drive (<60V)
- Mixer, blender & food processor
- Residential & living fan
- Robotic lawn mower
- Vacuum robot
- Wired smart door access control
- Wireless smart door access control
A fully assembled board has been developed for testing and performance validation only, and is not available for sale.
Design files & products
Download ready-to-use system files to speed your design process.
Test results for the reference design, including efficiency graphs, test prerequisites and more
Detailed schematic diagram for design layout and components
Complete listing of design components, reference designators, and manufacturers/part numbers
Includes TI products in the design and potential alternatives.
CSD88537ND — 60-V, N channel NexFET™ power MOSFET, dual SO-8, 15 mOhmData sheet: PDF | HTML
|Test report||TIDA-00197 Test Results||Apr. 29, 2014|
Related design resources
Support & training
TI E2E™ forums with technical support from TI engineers
If you have questions about quality, packaging or ordering TI products, see TI support.