This reference design is an I²S/TDM-based, low-cost, easy-to-use alternative to fiber optics/analog copper wire for connecting an automotive (sound) control panel to an output stage/power amplifier. Supporting I²S as well as TDM, it is capable of transmitting digital audio signal to 16 independent channels of speakers with each channel output of 80W at 4Ω. It also supports bidirectional communication with the control unit or processor via I²C, over a single shielded twisted pair (STP) or coaxial. Furthermore, the TIDA-00223 reference design enables fast implementation with power supply included, and it has all the protection and diagnostics requirements needed in modern cars.
- Wide input voltage range: off battery 6V to 40V power supply
- The design consists of two boards:
* SAT0084 (FPD-LINK III and audio amplifier)
* SAT0085 (600W power solution)
- Audio Serializer/Deserializer support I2S and TDM audio for up to 16 audio channels
- Audio plus bidirectional I²C and GPIO control over a single STP or coaxial cable, eliminating the need for a local microcontroller
- Power over Coax to run distributed microphone