This TPS65218-based reference design is a compact, integrated power solution for Altera® Cyclone® V (E, GX, GT) SoC (out of the Cyclone® series family of products). This design showcases TPS65218 as an all-in-one IC used to supply the rails needed for powering the Cyclone® V E, GX & GT SoC. The total board area needed for TPS65218, including passive components, to supply the five power rails to the Cyclone® V is just 1.594 in2. The TPS65218 has the flexibility to support either DDR3L or DDR3 memory. This power management IC can be run from a single 5V supply or from a single cell Li-Ion battery. This design has been tested and verified for industrial applications (-40°C to 105°C).
- Offers 4 highly efficient, adjustable DC-DC converters with integrated FETs to power the Altera Cyclone V
- Additional 400mA LDO to power peripheral rails or other IO rails on the FPGA and 3 integrated load switches
- Built-in Voltage Supervisor with over/under voltage monitoring
- Qualified for Industrial Applications (-40°C to 105°C)
- This design includes a test report, an EVM Guide, and design files to help accelerate the evaluation process